It’s time to start setting your S.M.A.R.T. goals for 2022.
I can’t believe how fast the holidays arrived this year, and the new year is just around the corner. For those of us in the real estate industry, that means it’s time to start thinking about our goals for the next year and creating a business plan to achieve them. The kinds of goals we set are S.M.A.R.T. goals, and today we’ll talk about what that acronym stands for and how it can improve your business plan for the coming year:
- Specific. When your goal is specific, it allows you to focus on the tasks necessary to achieve it.
- Measurable. Your goal needs to be measurable—what metrics are involved? What action items need to be completed to reach your goal?
“Break your big goals down into smaller goals.”
- Achievable. I want to go to Saturn as much as anyone, but that’s just not an achievable goal. Set more realistic goals for yourself, like 25% growth instead of 125% growth. Use incremental successes to build your momentum; it may take you farther than you think.
- Realistic. If your goal is to have $50,000 in your savings account, that’s fine, but if your goal is to go from $0 to $50,000 in just two months, that’s not realistic.
- Timetable. Set a due date for your goals. After all, goals are dreams with deadlines. Setting up a timetable will allow you to check in on your goals, keep a visual reminder of your progress, and to hold yourself accountable.
If you have any questions about goal-setting or creating a business plan for the new year, reach out and give us a call or send an email. We’d love to hear from you.